I was recently nominated for the Beautiful Blogger award by the lovely Seumas Gallacher. Thank you, Seumas! http://www.seumasgallacher.com
1. Copy and place the Beautiful Blogger Award in your post.
2. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 fellow Bloggers, tell them by posting a comment on their Blog.
NOW to reveal 7 (supposedly) fascinating things about ME:
1. When I was eight I was allowed to have two pet mice. I named the one Roly, because he was white and sturdy, and the other one Geronimo, because he was tiny but a true fighter. I loved that little mouse with the true intensity of a child and when he died (at about eighteen months old) it broke my heart. I buried him in a little box that had contained note cards, (it was pretty and had flowers on it and a see through plastic front) wrapped in a soft doll blanket. My father teased me about it for years, because inside the box I also placed a note that said…Here lieth Geronimo, loveth by all…
2. I am obsessed with all things Tudor and have been for years. I will read just about anything I can get my hands on and even though I’ve read Anne Boleyn’s story time after time, it still fascinates me. I intend to write her story myself in the very near future…with a slightly new take on things. Watch this space!
3. I have four pet bearded dragons. We wanted pets but because we work full time, we couldn’t have a dog. So we looked into it and decided that reptiles would be an alternative. They are bright, inquisitive and friendly creatures which enjoy interacting with the family. The one, funnily enough, named Seamus (though it’s a girl) likes to sit and watch the children playing on the x-box and the older male, named Andrew, likes to climb the stairs.
4. I hate driving. It’s a necessity but I can’t say that I have ever enjoyed it. I can drive and I’m quite a good driver but I like to sit back and think when I’m in the car and I don’t find it at all relaxing being in the driver’s seat. Luckily, my husband loves driving. Carry on, my darling…
5. Surprisingly, for me, as I’ve got a bit older, I’ve realised that I love to grow things and even more surprising, I’m quite good at it! If I pick up a small plant at the market, within weeks it will be begging to be repotted and positively blooming. I grow herbs, flowers and vegetables and this year I’ve even got a blackcurrant flowering by the greenhouse. My husband is actually remodelling the garden to put in some raised beds so that I can grow more!
6. In school I loved subjects like English and History but struggled with Maths, even though my Dad was an accountant and my Granny a Maths and Music teacher. The only area of Maths I did enjoy was Algebra – because it had letters in it, of course!
7. I want to adopt at least one rescue greyhound. They are beautiful dogs and most have a lovely temperament. As we love long, family walks, I believe that we would have a lot to offer to dogs in need of a loving, family home. Again, it’s something I aim to make happen in the near future.
Here Are the 7 Awesome Bloggers Whom I Hereby Nominate:
Rachel Brimble – http://www.rachelbrimble.blogspot.com
S.A. Meade – http://www.kestrelrising.blogspot.com
Rachel Knowles – http://www.regencyhistory.net
Lisa J. Hobman – http://www.lisajhobman.co.uk/blog.html
Angela Smith – http://www.loveisamystery.com
Lisa Whitefern – http://www.lisawhitefern.wordpress.com
Ana Blaze – http://www.anablaze.blogspot.co.uk